Managing Your Library Account
You may obtain information about your own or minor child's account by phone (508-946-2470), in person, or by logging on to the Library catalog. Using any of these methods you may review the materials you currently have checked out, renew materials, request new materials, cancel holds, and more.
Managing your account online
Accessing your account online permits you to review the items you have checked out, renew items, review and cancel holds, delay holds when you go on vacation, change your PIN, and request address or account information changes.
To access your account:
- log on to your account using your Library Card number and PIN. For assistance in logging on please follow the instructions provided through the Catalog help page.
- After logging on click on the My Account menu button on the toolbar near the top of the page.
- After entering My Account select:
- Review My Account for a list of checked-out materials with due dates and late charges. You may also view your holds here, and cancel them if you wish.
- User PIN Change to change your PIN.
- Renew My Materials to renew checked-out materials. You may renew some or all materials, but you may only renew any material one time, and you may not renew materials on hold for another patron.
- Change My Address to request a change of address using an online form. Address changes are not immediate; the must be processed by your home Library before they take effect.
Reserving Materials (Placing Holds)
You may reserve items by locating them in the catalog and then selecting Place Hold.
To reserve an item:
- Search the catalog for the item you want to reserve.
- When you find the item be sure to check its material type. Many searches will return multiple listings for a single title, usually at least one listing for each material type available, such as books, audio tapes, videos, etc. Please note that you may limit your catalog searches to a specific material type if you wish.
- Find the entry for the material type you want and click on Place Hold. If the place hold button is not visible click on Full Details and then Place Hold from the new page.
- At the request screen choose the library where you want to pick up your hold. Then click Place Hold below. When a new page shows you that your hold has been placed, click on OK. The system will automatically reserve the first available copy unless you choose to request a specific volume or edition.
- Please note: if you are at a Library OPAC you will need to enter your library card number and PIN to continue.
- Please note: you cannot request multiple items at one time. Each desired item must be individually placed on hold.