Welcome to the Children's Page!
For more information on the following programs and events please open the calendar at right or click on the heading for the program you're interested in. You may also contact the Library at 508.946.2470 and ask for the Children's Room.
Special Programs for April
- Discovery Workshops with Ms. Gina
- Thursday, April 9, 2015, 2pm - 3pm (Large Meeting Room)
- This month we will be learning about Secret Signs: Traveling the Underground Railroad.
- Registration IS Required for this Free Program. Please Register Online or see the Calendar for more details.
- This is an Early Release Thursday
- Creature Teachers: If I Ran the Rainforest
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 11am - 12pm (Large Meeting Room)
- REGISTRATION is REQUIRED for this Free Program and seating is limited. Tickets may be picked up in the Children's Library on Tuesday April 21st. The Library opens at 10am.
Tuesdays, 4pm - 5pm
It's a block party every Tuesday afternoon! LEGO building bricks and DUPLOs are available for kids of all ages to build with and have fun. A different challenge is presented each time. Builders informally share their creations at the end of the session. Children younger than 6 must have a caregiver in the room but older kids may build independently while parents are nearby.
Family Fun Night
Tuesday Evenings, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Fun for the whole family. Check the detailed schedule for the evening's events which could include a movie, game night challenge, stories, art projects, science experiments, and more. Each week we will explore a new theme.
- April Theme: Spring Things
- March 31: Weather: Up, Up, and Away
- April 7: Spring Into Reading - Books Take Flight
- April 14: April Showers Bring May Flowers - It's Raining Books
- April 21: Earth Week - The 3 Rs
- April 28: Books in Bloom
Wednesdays @ 10:30am - 11:30am
Join us for a preschool storytime best for 3-6 year olds. Older and younger siblings are welcome. Explore a different theme each week through books, songs, art projects, games, science experiments and more. After the 30 minute formal program, enjoy time to socialize and have a snack in the room.
- April Theme: Spring Things
- April 1: Poetry Month - Rhyme Time
- April 8: Spring Into Reading - Hatch a Good Book
- April 15: April Showers Bring May Flowers
- April 22: NO STORYTIME - Special Program: Creature Teachers
- April 28: Books in Bloom - Budding Botanists
Mother Goose on the Loose
Thursdays, 10:15am - 11:00am
Birth - 18 months
Mother Goose on the Loose is a lap sit, rhyme-filled program promoting early literacy in children from birth through 18 months. Older siblings are welcome. Children participate with accompanying grown-ups learning rhymes, songs and hearing stories. The program is followed by playtime allowing children and adults to interact with each other and the toys provided by the library.
This program is free with no advance sign-up required. Program begins promptly at 10:15 am and concludes in 20 minutes. After that families stay in the room to talk and play until 11am!
Wiggles and Giggles
Thursdays, 11:15am - 12:00pm
18 months - 3 years
Wiggles and Giggles is a new program at the library for children 18 months - 3 years. Younger siblings are welcome. Best for wiggly bodies- we will sing, dance, play instruments, and use the parachute. The program is followed by playtime allowing children and adults to interact with each other and the toys provided by the library.
This program is free with no advance sign-up required. Program begins promptly at 11:15am and concludes in 20 minutes. After that families stay in the room to talk and play until 12pm.
Reading with Miss Marliyn's Spaniels
Thursdays, 4pm - 6pm
Ms. Marilyn Thayer and her credentialed family therapy pets, Tivy, Vi and Brazen invite children to practice and improve their reading skills. Ms. Marilyn's dogs love having children read to them and are very loving and accepting of all individuals. Children will be able to read in a relaxed and non-judgmental atmosphere. Each 20-minute session will include a meet and greet and then reading time. Please feel free to bring your favorite books to read or to borrow some from the library.
Registration if required for this free program. Call or come into the library to sign up for one or more sessions. You can sign up for multiple sessions, but please do so for only 2 or 3 weeks at a time so we can accommodate as many participants as possible.
Please Check the Calendar for Upcoming Dates
Kindergarten - 4th Grade
Discovery Workshops are monthly parent-child programs (from January thru May) held at the Middleboro Public Library. Each month we will explore a new topic. Hands-on activities, books and open discussion will be part of each Discovery Workshop.
This program is free; however, preregistration is required.
Sponsored by Self Help Inc. Coordinated Family & Community Engagement. 508-559-1666 ext. 123.