The Digital Library at Middleborough Public Library
The Digital Library provides access to online digital information published and funded by the Middleborough Public Library, the Friends of Middleborough Public Library, the Silvia Trust and other contributors.
The resources found here include:
- The Middleborough Gazette Index:
- A partial index to the local newspaper of that name published between 1852 and the present. At present index coverage ends at 1959.
- Middleborough Cemeteries
- Includes a partial copy of Old Cemeteries of Southeastern Massachusetts
- Middleborough in Pictures
- The Town of Middleborough as seen through the historic photos and postcards of the Walter Thompson slide collection.
- The Middleborough Vital Records Index:
- A searchable index of the Town's records of births, marriages and deaths.
- Family Search:
- Middleborough Public Library is an affiliated Family Search Center Library associated with the Family History Library (FHL) in Salt Lake City. Library users can access more than 2.5 million rolls of microfilm from the FHL´s collection by searching and ordering microfilm online. For more information select "Family Search" from the menu at left.
- A List of Middleborough Historical Resources:
- A finding tool for print items found in the Library about the people, organizations and events that played a part in the Town's history.
- A link to the Cranberry Collection:
- An online collection representative of the part played by the cranberry industry in Middleborough history.
- A list of local websites devoted to Middleborough history
This entire collection is copyrighted. It may be viewed and downloaded freely; and used for educational and non-profit purposes. It may not be used for any commercial purpose.
Many of the resources published here require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing.