About the Meeting Rooms
Middleborough Public Library offers two meeting rooms for use by non-profit groups providing civic, cultural and educational activities serving the citizens of Middleborough.
|Large Meeting Room||Seats 100|
|Children's Program Room||Seats 15|
Meeting Rooms must be reserved in advance using the online application.
Rules for Use
- Rooms are for use by groups serving the citizens of Middleborough.
- Library use of rooms takes precedence.
- All events must take place during normal Library hours.
- Events must be open to the public unless an exception is granted by the Library Director.
- Recurring weekly events are not permitted, however; recurring monthly events may be scheduled up to six months in advance.
- There are no fees for use of meeting rooms under normal circumstances.
- No admission fees may be charged to attendees.
- Groups are responsible for set-up and basic cleanup.
- Light refreshments and catered lunches are allowed. No cooking is permitted.
- All reservations must be confirmed by the Director or her designee.
Meeting Room Policy as approved by the Board of Trustees January 9, 2006.
The Meeting Room(s) of the Middleborough Public Library may, at the discretion of the Library Director, be used for civic, cultural and educational activities of a non-profit nature.
Any such authorized use will be subject to the following rules and guidelines as set forth by the Board of Library Trustees and as may be amended from time-to-time without notice:
- Meeting room(s) are available for use by non-profit groups serving the citizens of Middleboro.
- All events scheduled for meeting rooms of the Middleborough Public Library must be open to the public without restriction.
- Admission fees can not be charged by any group using the meeting rooms of the Middleborough Public Library unless prior approval from the Library Director has been received.
- Requests from organizations to reserve the meeting room(s) of the Middleborough Public Library must be submitted in writing to the Library Director at least one month in advance of the requested date. Preliminary inquiries as to room availability may be made by telephone, mail, email, or in person (reservation forms are available at the Library circulation desk and on the Library’s website: www.midlib.org).
- Requests for reservations for the use of any meeting room of the Middleborough Public Library must be made by a responsible member of the organization requesting the use of the room. It shall be the responsibility of that member to ensure that all rules and regulations of the Middleborough Public Library are followed during said use. The Board of Trustees of Middleborough Public Library reserves the right, without exception, to review, accept or reject any such request at their sole discretion.
- Confirmation of a reservation for the use of a meeting room of the Middleborough Public Library will be made by the Library Director.
- No event publicity should be distributed until confirmation of the reservation is received. The Middleborough Public Library accepts neither responsibility nor liability for any unauthorized,premature publicity.
- Weekly reservations of meeting rooms are not allowed.
- Monthly reservations are limited to one meeting per month limited to no more than 6 consecutive months.
- No use of the meeting room(s) will be permitted to interfere with the regular use by the Middleborough Public Library.
- All other policies and regulations of the Middleborough Public Library will apply to the use of the meeting rooms.
- On the day of the event, organizers may set up the meeting room in a fashion to meet their respective needs. At the conclusion of the reserved time, the meeting room must be returned to the condition in which it was found.
Use of the meeting room(s) by any group in no way constitutes endorsement of that group’s policies or activities by the Middleborough Public Library.
Policy approved by the Board of Trustees January 9, 2006