Access the SAILS Online Catalog
You may search the Online Catalog in several ways. To begin a search:
1. Type the Title, Author's name, or Subject in the place provided.
2. Click on the appropriate button (Author, Title, etc.)
This begins the search.
|3. If you logged in using your Library Card number, iBistro will search for the desired material in any library, by default. If you wish to search in a specific library only, choose its name from the field at the right of the screen (using the pull-down feature at the right of the field).|
|4. To search for a DVD, Video, Book-on-Tape, CD, or Large Print book use the special search tools provided.|
You may reserve an item using the button. To reserve an item:
- Search the catalog for the item you wish to reserve.
- When you find the desired item check the material type. Many searches will return multiple listings for a single title, usually at least one listing for each material type available, such as books, audio tapes, videos, etc. (Please note that you may limit your catalog searches to a specific material type if you wish.)
- Find the entry for the material type you want and click on Full Details.
- At the request screen choose the library at which you wish to pick up your hold. Then select Place Hold. The system will automatically reserve the first available copy unless you choose to request a specific volume or edition.
Please note that if you are at a Library OPAC you will need to enter your library card number and PIN number to continue.
- Click the place hold button.
- You will receive a statement confirming your hold; click ok to place another hold or return to the catalog.
- Please note: you cannot request multiple items at one time. Each desired item must be individually placed on hold.
The My Account menu button permits you to review the items you have checked out, renew items, review and cancel holds, change your PIN, and request address or account information changes. To access My Account:
- Log in to iBistro using your card # and PIN.
- Choose 'My Account' from the top menu.
- Review My Account for a list of checked-out materials with due dates and late charges. You may also view your holds here, and cancel them if you wish.
- User PIN Change to change your PIN.
- Renew My Materials to renew checked-out materials. You may renew some or all materials, but you may only renew any material one time, and you may not renew materials on hold for another patron.
- Change My Address enables you to request an address change. This only initiates the process - your request will be forwarded to the staff at your local library.