Pay Library Fines & Fees
Middleborough Public Library and the SAILS Library Network now provide the ability to securely pay fines and fees using credit and debit cards via the Library website.
What You'll Need:
- Your library card and PIN to log into SmartPay and access your library account.
- Your Discover, MasterCard or VISA credit/debit card
What You'll Need to Know:
- SmartPay provides real-time updating of your Library account at any time, day or night. You can see your balance, select items to pay, and securely charge your credit card.
- SmartPay requires a minimum total payment of $1.00
- There is a 25¢ processing fee for each transaction (not for each individual fine paid).
- Library fines and fees are cleared automatically from your library account during the payment process; Middleborough Public Library and the SAILS Library Network do not collect or store any credit or debit card data during these transactions.
- Please note that only bills from participating libraries can be paid through SmartPay
- Lost items paid for with credit or debit cards may not be eligible for refund if later found, depending upon the refund policy of the owning library.
What You Should Know:
- Smart Pay transactions are protected by SSL certification and comply with PCI-DSS standards (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards), current state privacy regulations, and the security requirements of every major card processor and financial institution
- A failed transaction may leave a pending charge on your account. These amounts normally clear within 24 hours.
- When you select "SmartPay" you are leaving the Middleborough Public Library website and will be directed to SmartPay, an online resource, to pay library fines and fees. Technical requirements and services are the sole responsibility of SmartPay. By proceeding you agree to accept and assume all risks and responsibilities for the losses and damages that may arise from your use of SmartPay and release SAILS and its member libraries from all liability.