You may obtain information about your own or your minor child's account by phone (508-946-2470), in person or by accessing your account online. Using any of these methods you may:
- See the items you have checked-out and their due dates;
- Renew your items;
- Place items on hold;
- Cancel or freeze* holds;
- Change your hold pickup location;
- Pay fines using your credit or debit card;
- View your checkout history (if enabled).
*freezing holds allows you to delay their delivery (during vacations, etc.) without losing your place in the queue.
Access your account online
To access your account:
- Log on to your account using your Library Card number or Alternate ID (all CAPS) and PIN. For assistance on logging in or using your account please follow the instructions provided through the SAILS Library Account help page. If you have forgotten your PIN please contact the Library.
- After logging on click on the My Account menu button on the toolbar near the top of the page.
- After entering My Account select the appropriate tab:
- Provides a list of checked-out materials with due dates.
- Items marked with red exclamation marks are overdue.
- To renew items select any overdue items and click on Renew. (Please note that most items can only be renewed twice; some items can not be renewed; and that items with holds also can not be renewed.)
- Checkout History (bottom of page) allows you to see a list of all items that have been checked out on your card, with check-out and check-in dates, since this feature was enabled. For more information please check with your Library. To enable or disable this feature go to the Personal Information tab and make the necessary changes or ask your Librarian.
- The Holds tab enables you to:
- See items you have on hold;
- Cancel holds;
- Change pickup locations;
- Freeze holds and cancel freeze holds.
- The Fines tab enables you to:
- See the total amount of fines you owe;
- See which items have fines;
- Pay fines.
Reserving Materials (Placing Holds)
You may reserve items by locating them in the catalog and then selecting Place Hold.
To reserve an item:
- Search the catalog for the item you want to reserve.
- When you find the item be sure to check its material type. Many searches will return multiple listings for a single title, usually at least one listing for each material type available, such as books, audio tapes, videos, etc. Please note that you may limit your catalog searches to a specific material type if you wish.
- Find the entry for the material type you want and click on Place Hold. If the place hold button is not visible click on Full Details and then Place Hold from the new page.
- At the request screen choose the library where you want to pick up your hold. Then click Place Hold below. When a new page shows you that your hold has been placed, click on OK. The system will automatically reserve the first available copy unless you choose to request a specific volume or edition.
- Please note: if you are at a Library OPAC you will need to enter your library card number and PIN to continue.
- Please note: you cannot request multiple items at one time. Each desired item must be individually placed on hold.