Meeting Room Policy - Adopted January 9, 2006 / Revision approved November 11, 2016
The Meeting Room(s) of the Middleborough Public Library may, at the discretion of the Library Director, be used for civic, cultural and educational activities of a non-profit nature.
Middleborough Public Library offers meeting rooms for use by non-profit groups providing civic, cultural and educational activities serving the citizens of Middleborough. Here are the two rooms most often used for requests:
- Large Meeting Room Seats 100 (approximately)
- Children's Program Room Seats 15 (approximately)
Any such authorized use will be subject to the following rules and guidelines as set forth by the Board of Library Trustees and as may be amended from time-to-time without notice:
- Meeting room(s) are available for use by non-profit groups serving the citizens of Middleborough.
- All events scheduled for meeting rooms of the Middleborough Public Library must be open to the public without restriction.
- Admission fees cannot be charged by any group using the meeting rooms of the Middleborough Public Library unless prior approval from the Library Director has been received.
- Requests from organizations to reserve the meeting room(s) of the Middleborough Public Library to the Library Director at least one month in advance of the requested date. Preliminary inquiries as to room availability may be made by telephone, mail, email, or in person (online reservation form is available on the Library’s website: www.midlib.org).
- Requests for reservations for the use of any meeting room of the Middleborough Public Library must be made by a responsible member of the organization requesting the use of the room. It shall be the responsibility of that member to ensure that all rules and regulations of the Middleborough Public Library are followed during said use. The Board of Trustees of Middleborough Public Library reserves the right, without exception, to review, accept or reject any such request at their sole discretion.
- Confirmation of a reservation for the use of a meeting room of the Middleborough Public Library will be made by the Library Director.
- No event publicity should be distributed until confirmation of the reservation is received. The Middleborough Public Library accepts neither responsibility nor liability for any unauthorized, premature publicity.
- Weekly reservations of meeting rooms are not allowed.
- Monthly reservations are limited to one meeting per month limited to no more than three (3) consecutive months.
- No use of the meeting room(s) will be permitted to interfere with the regular use by the Middleborough Public Library.
- All other policies and regulations of the Middleborough Public Library will apply to the use of the meeting rooms.
- On the day of the event, organizers may set up the meeting room in a fashion to meet their respective needs. At the conclusion of the reserved time, the meeting room must be returned to the condition in which it was found.
Use of the meeting room(s) by any group in no way constitutes endorsement of that group’s policies or activities by the Middleborough Public Library.