Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Get a Library Card?
- To get a physical card you will need:
- A photo ID or other State-accepted form of identification;
- Proof of your current address (if it is not listed on your ID) such as mail or a bill showing your current address.
- Applicants younger than 16 will need to have a parent or legal guardian with them.
- You can get a temporary online Library card good for for two months.
- Online cards will enable you to access online resources and place holds for Library materials.
- You will need to get a physical card after the online card expires or the first time you wish to check out materials from a SAILS library.
Where can I use my Middleborough Library Card?
- You may use your Middleborough Library Card at any of more than 50 public libraries in the SAILS Library Network.
- According to Massachusetts Law any resident of Massachusetts may use any public library in the state, however; you will need to register your card with each Library network separately.
- Take your valid Middleborough or SAILS Library Card and register at any public libary in the state in order to use their materials and resources.
- That Library may contact your home Library in order to verify the status of your account.
What do I do if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
- Please report stolen cards as soon as possible at (508) 946-2470 or email@example.com.
- There is a $1 replacement fee for lost or stolen library cards.
- Damaged cards will be replaced for free provided you bring what's left of it with you.
Can I pay my Library fines online?
Yes. Library fines can be paid online using a credit or debit card. To pay your fines:
- Go to the account login page and select My Account
- Select the "fines' tab, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Pay Fines."
- Enter your credit or debit card information where indicated.
- All payments are protected by SSL Certification.
- This payment system complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
- SAILS and the Middleborough Public Library do not collect or store any personal information or card processing data during these transactions.
- There will be an 85¢ processing fee for each transaction (not for each fine).
- You can pay fines from any SAILS Library. You cannot pay for lost or damaged items using this method.