What does your card do for you?
Your SAILS library card entitles you to borrow materials from any library within the SAILS Library network. You may also request materials from any SAILS library at the Circulation Desk, by phone or online, and have them delivered to the library of your choice. Materials may also be returned to any SAILS library (except for Museum Passes, Video Games and Puppets which must be returned to Middleborough).
Your card also lets you do more than just borrow books: The Library has internet computers, free WiFi, DVD movies, music CDs, audio books on CD and Playaway, museum discount passes, puppets and more. Your card also provides access to valuable online resources including searchable magazine and newspaper articles, specialized health and business databases, encyclopedias, ebooks and test preparation - all available in the library and many at home.
How Do You Get a Library Card?
SAILS Library cards are available to all Massachusetts residents, even those who already have a card from a different Library Network. Non-residents may also obtain cards, however; a deposit will be required in order to check out materials.
What do you need to get a card?
- A photo ID or other State-accepted form of identification.
- Proof of your current address (if it is not listed on your ID.).
- Acceptable proof includes mail or a bill showing your current address and name.
- Upon request the Library will send a post card to your new address to serve as proof.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Children must be able to write their first and last names in order to apply for a card.
- Children's applications must be signed by a parent or legal guardian in the presence of a Library staff member.
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for all materials checked out by their child.
- Young adults between the ages of 16 and 18 may obtain a library card without a parent present provided that they have have a valid license or learners permit. School IDs will not be accepted.
- Your first library card is free.
- Lost cards will be replaced for a $1.00 fee.
- Damaged or worn cards will be replaced for free, however; you must have the old card with you in order to get a replacement.
Does the Library accept cards from other libraries?
Yes. Middleborough Public Library accepts cards from any SAILS library. If you have a SAILS card you don't need to re-apply.
Does your Library card work at other libraries?
Yes. Your Middleborough Public Library card can be used directly at any SAILS library. If you have a SAILS card you don't need to re-apply.
What if you lose your card?
There is a $1 replacement fee for lost or stolen library cards. If you believe that your card has been stolen please report it immediately at (508) 946-2470 or email@example.com