We know there are many sites you can go to for information on the Coronavirus pandemic, but you'll want to make sure you’re getting yours from the most reputable sources. Here are links to websites and other resources you can trust.
Covid-19 Information & Resources:
- Massachusetts - Latest Corona Virus Information: Visit www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19 for the most up-to-date information from the Commonwealths’ COVID-19 information page. You’ll find the latest news from Governor Baker’s office, updates on the number of cases, a list of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and much more.
- By Phone: Call 211 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for information on COVID-19. All calls are free and confidential. Interpreter services are available in multiple languages
- By Text: To get up-to-date alerts, text COVIDMA to 888-777 for the latest information about the Coronavirus in Massachusetts sent right to your phone.
- Centers for Disease Control: Visit www.cdc.gov for information on the virus, testing guidelines, best practices for taking care of yourself and more. (Phone 800-232-4636)
- Financial & Food Assistance:
- Unemployment Assistance: If you’ve lost your job due to the Coronavirus the quickest way to file for unemployment benefits is online. Visit the Commonwealth’s COVID-19 unemployment information page to get started. www.mass.gov/alerts/important-unemployment-information#undefined
- St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry: www.svdpmiddleboro.org/pantry.html (phone 508-947-1717)
- State Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP): Apply for benefits online at https://www.mass.gov/snap-benefits-formerly-food-stamps or call the Department of Transitional Assistance Line, between 8:15 am to 4:45 pm, at 877/382-2363.
- Healthcare Resources:
- Middleborough Health Department: Email them at HealthWeb@middleborough.com or call 508-946-2408.
- Mental Health: If you or a family member is experiencing a mental health crisis, the Massachusetts Emergency Services Program/Mobile Crisis Intervention (ESP/MCI) is available 24/7. Call 877/382-1609 or text HOME to 741741 to text with someone from the national Crisis Text Line for free, 24/7 mental health support.
- Humanitarian Needs:
- Blood donation: There is an urgent need for blood donors. Those who are healthy, feeling well and eligible to give blood or platelets, are urged to make an appointment to donate as soon as possible by calling their local hospital, or by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, calling 800-RED CROSS (800-733-2767), or visiting the Red Cross online to find a blood drive.
- Utilities Assistance:
- Middleborough Gas and Electric: For customers concerned about paying their bill, visit www.mged.com/supporting-our-customers or call 508-947-1371.
- Small Business Assistance:
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to Massachusetts small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of COVID-19. Visit their site for more information on how to apply.